A little bit of summer fun

It's the middle of winter here in Central Queensland, Australia.  The sun is shining, the temps are in the low 30's and the kids are playing in the sprinkler - hang on?

Yep, we don't really get much of a winter, maybe a week, that's about it, so this image from Some Odd Girl is perfect for a bit of mid summer winter fun!

I coloured these two kiddies with my Copics and then added some Stickles to sparkle the water spray, and some gloss to make her swimmers and the grass look wet.

I layered some colourful papers and a 3-in-1 word ring from Tanya Leigh Designz, plus a bright bow and sunny sentiment.


Doesn't this picture just make you want to go jump in the pool or run in a sprinkler?  I added some gems to the word ring, and raised the sentiment on 3D foam tape.  I bordered the image with some doodling too.


I have joined the following challenges:

Ike's World Challenges - Anything Goes (2w)
Pile it on Challenge - Something Beginning with S (m)
Some Odd Girl Blog - Water Theme (m)

Winner at Some Odd Girl

5 comments

ike said...

Excellent - such a fun image and I love the added glitz for 'wet look'. A lovely card.
Thank you very much for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sall said...

I adore your unicorn holding the card, such a happy and magical thing to use. The card is wonderful too, it's summer here and I'm dreaming of seeing some sun soon so with any luck this card will encourage it. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Therese said...

Thanks for playing along in the challenge at Some Odd Girl <3.
Like a bubblegum like I said at Facebook :)
/GDT Therese

Keti's Projects said...

What a lovely summer and colourful card. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

Doris Klein said...

This is just super cute and a perfect summer creation. I love the funny image and I would be very glad, if you show your amazing creation on my challenge blog. Please visit it...

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#7 – Cool Wet – a small cool/refreshment due?)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten